The Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan supports Michigan educators in the enhancement of their professional knowledge and leadership pertaining to literacy. We are a nonprofit charitable corporation that encourages philanthropic investment in temporarily restricted and/or general operating funds that support literacy efforts. We distribute charitable grants to assist individuals to attend conferences. We accept donations anytime throughout the year.
LLF of Michigan is pleased to announce two new grant opportunities:
- The LLF of Michigan 2014 Professional Learning Team Grant to attend a professional conference of your choice*. Applications were due February 1, 2014.
- The LLF of Michigan 2014 New Kindergarten Teacher Professional Development Grant to attend the Michigan Association of Young Children (MiAEYC) Annual Conference in April 2014. Applications were due February 14, 2014.
Please see the Grants Page for more details about these two new grants.
Two LLF of Michigan grants continue to be available to assist educators in 2014: the Beginning Teacher Professional Development Grant and the Professional Development Grant for an Educator in a New Professional Role
The LLF of Michigan Beginning Teacher Professional Development Grant sponsored by MEEMIC Insurance Company is intended for teachers who are in their first five years of teaching. As in past years, several $300 grants are available. Applications were due January 1,2014.
The LLF of Michigan Professional Development Grant for an Educator in a New Professional Role, sponsored by The Zaner-Bloser Company, is intended for educators in new positions with literacy-related responsibilities. Several $250 grants are available. Applications were due January 1,2014.
These two categories of grants will assist conferees to attend the Michigan Reading Association Annual Conference in March, 2014.
RECIPIENTS IN THESE GRANT CATEGORIES WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE IN LATE FEBRUARY. YOUR NAME OR SCHOOL COULD BE POSTED HERE NEXT YEAR!
For more information please email us, [email protected]
New grant being implemented in 2013-2014:
LLF of Michigan is pleased that the two $800 grants to the June MAISA Michigan English Language Arts Conference, one to Wolverine Elementary School and one to Wood Elementary School, are helping these schools implementation of their project in 2013-2014. Congratulations to the teachers and administrator in each school!
Visit the Grant Recipients page for photos.
By supporting the Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan (LLF of Michigan) through your donations you provide:
- Support to educators throughout Michigan.
- Help to further our mission of “Advancing Literacy Through Leadership”.
- Assistance to educators in their ongoing professional development related to literacy development and advocacy.
In return for your support, our Board is committed to:
- Use 100% of your donation to enhance the professional knowledge and leadership of Michigan’s educators.
- Invest funds in secure deposits.
- Distribute grants each year to applicants who meet the advertised selection criteria.
- Collaborate with other professional organizations to create a greater awareness of grant opportunities intended to improve literacy leadership and professional development.
Do you know of potential grant recipients who would like to attend professional conferences in Michigan? Please visit the Grants page to learn more.