The Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan supports Michigan educators in the enhancement of their professional knowledge and leadership pertaining to literacy. We are a nonprofit charitable corporation that encourages philanthropic investment in temporarily restricted and/or general operating funds that support literacy efforts. We distribute charitable grants to assist individuals to attend conferences. We accept donations anytime throughout the year.
Please see the Grants Page for more details about these grants. Grant applications and pertinent information will be available by December 1st.
- The LLF Michigan 2015 Professional Learning Team Grant.
- The LLF Michigan 2015 Early Child Educator Educator Grant to attend the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children (MiAEYC) Annual Conference.
- LLF Michigan Professional Development Grant for an Educator in a New Professional Role* sponsored by Zaner-Bloser Company.
- LLF Michigan Beginning Teacher ** Professional Development Grant.
RECIPIENTS IN THESE GRANT CATEGORIES WILL BE POSTED. YOUR NAME OR SCHOOL COULD BE POSTED HERE NEXT YEAR!
For more information please email us, [email protected]
Visit the Grant Recipients page for photos.
By supporting the Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan (LLF of Michigan) through your donations you provide:
- Support to educators throughout Michigan.
- Help to further our mission of “Advancing Literacy Through Leadership”.
- Assistance to educators in their ongoing professional development related to literacy development and advocacy.
In return for your support, our Board is committed to:
- Use 100% of your donation to enhance the professional knowledge and leadership of Michigan’s educators.
- Invest funds in secure deposits.
- Distribute grants each year to applicants who meet the advertised selection criteria.
- Collaborate with other professional organizations to create a greater awareness of grant opportunities intended to improve literacy leadership and professional development.
Do you know of potential grant recipients who would like to attend professional conferences in Michigan? Please visit the Grants page to learn more.